We are looking to hire a Full-stack PHP CMS Developer at both senior and associate levels, to build web applications. You will architect, configure, and extend with custom development large Drupal and WordPress projects while collaborating with and supporting others. We'd like to see at least 2 years of application development experience for associate developers and 5 years for senior developers.
Working at Savas Labs
At Savas Labs, we prioritize a few things. We like people who are enjoyable to work with. We learn from and teach one another, and often the result is others learn as well either via blog posts, conference presentations, or social media. We dedicate time each week for self-improvement, socializing, and collaboration. We encourage a flexible work schedule so long as we uphold our commitments to one another and our clients. We value openness and encourage our team members to push and recognize the boundaries of their expertise in a given area. We are honest, yet respectful; this is not a cut-throat environment, but rather a supportive one. We take a lot of pride in the quality of our work and we work hard. We value a work/life balance that keeps us productive and happy. We like to have fun and yet take our values seriously. We greatly embrace inclusivity. You’ll like it here.
- Competitive salary
- Profit share
- Health dental, and vision insurance covered at 100% for you and your family
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous PTO and holiday schedule
- Semi-annual team retreats
- Weekly team social and/or skillshare sessions
- Conference presentation and attendance opportunities
- Annual technology and health stipend
- Annual paid community service day
You have experience with:
- a fast-paced environment, and can perform well within one
- object oriented programming principles and best practices
- multiple PHP frameworks including Drupal, Wordpress, Symfony and Craft.
- developing themes and using the Twig templating engine
- developing APIs and integrating with external APIs
- command line tools such as Drush and WP-CLI
- server configuration, deployments, establishing development workflows, and setting up local development environments on Docker.
- modern PHP best practices and are versed in common libraries and paradigms, including Composer and dependency management
- common PaaS hosting environments like Pantheon, Platform.sh, Acquia, and WPengine
- communicating directly with clients and can effectively address non-technical audiences.
- creating CI / CD pipelines
- several common SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB etc.) database environments
You care about:
- performance, scalability, and security
- writing maintainable code that adheres to best practices
- accessibility and inclusive design
- learning and expanding your skillset
Bonus points for knowledge/experience in:
- Django development, or Python scripting more broadly
- Craft CMS experience
- Laravel or other PHP frameworks
- the AWS & Google cloud ecosystems